Teams participating in activities at Brisbane City Indoor Sports understand that by taking part they agree to the following Captains Letter and Indemnity & Liability agreements. If you disagree with any of the following conditions you must not take part in sport activities at Brisbane City Indoor Sports.
1. It is the captain's responsibility to ensure:
a) All players have entered their details correctly on either game card or in check-in system, including contact numbers, email, phone number and signatures.
b) Tick off players taking the court each and every game. (Required for insurance cover and finals qualification).
c) Collect and pay entire game fee before taking the court.
d)Correcting any outstanding balance within 2 weeks (including forfiet fees)
Failure to comply with any of the above responsibilities may invalidate player insurance. Please ensure that checkin procedures are followed correctly. If you have any difficulties or questions please ask for help.
In the event that any of these responsibilities are not followed actions may be taken for debt recovery and insurance nullification.
Enter your teams details
- 1.All payments must be made in one team payment. We offer a special discount of 10% to previous and returning teams only.
- 2. If your team is short of a player you can ring the centre and we shall do our best to help you find a player to fill in. It is still up to the team to ensure that full team payment is made even if there are fill in players.
- 3. Please remember we are OPEN on most Public Holidays and to check game times for every week.
- 4. By registering a team in our competition any outstanding debt including weekly game fees, finals fees and forfeit fees may be invoiced to the captain of the team. It is up to the captain to recover costs from team members.
Players are required to participate in good spirit and show good sportsmanship at all times that they play. Management, Staff and umpires reserve the right to remove players from games and the center in any circumstance.
Players who are aggressive towards other players and/or staff members may be asked to leave the center and a suspensions or full ban may be implemented. Management reserves the right to ban anyone from the sports facility.
We take threats and abuse very seriously. Any players deemed to be threatening may be removed immediately and further action may be sought.
As part of this agreement and as condition of inclusion for your team, Brisbane City Indoor Sports requires your team to attend each week unless a bye or match has not been scheduled.
Should your team be unable to play one of our scheduled games, you are required to contact the centre and notify staff of the forfiet.
- (a) Forfeits should only occur in extreme cases. Please contact us if you are having problems with times or team numbers as we may be able to help you. We have fill-in players who may come down to help your team out.
- (b) Should a team have to forfeit a game, a forfeit fee equal to 1.5x that of the game fee will be imposed regardless of notification to administration.
- (c)All forfeit fees must be paid before the next round of games. All teams must be financial to be included in competitions and to accrue league points.
- (d) All players are responsible for outstanding fees for your team. By participating in our competitions Brisbane City Indoor Sports hold the right to reclaim outstanding fees from all team members.
- (e)At all times, management will do their best to help all parties involved to avoid forfeit's and forfeit fees.
For any questions regarding forfeit fees please contact management of your venue.
GRADING AND DRAWS
At all times management will endeavor to grade as fairly and evenly as possible. However there are always the occasional few teams that cannot fit info the perfect grade and will be allocated to the most appropriate grade available.
Draws will be allocated after week 4. Management will also reserve the right to adjust and correct draws as the teams and grades may change during the season.
If your team requires time preferences please be aware that you will receive more allocations in other time slots. This may include later games.
UMPIRES AND REFEREES
At all times management will endeavor to allocate umpires/referees according to grade and qualification. All umpires/referees go through continual training and testing. We ask all teams to respect umpires and their decisions. If at any time you have a question or need a clarification of the rules, please approach management for assistance. No abuse of umpires/referees will be tolerated! Any player who infringes this rule will be sent from the court. And may face suspension from competitions.
Players must have played 1/3 of their team's games to qualify for the finals. A team must play at least half of the season games to qualify for finals. Captains please note that the Semi-finals & Grand-finals for the season will be played on the same night as you would normally play. You may need to qualify extra players, in case of injury, illness or work commitments, etc. Management will use discretion in extreme circumstances for player substitutions for finals.
PLAYERS INSURANCE AND INJURY
Players are only covered by injury insurance if they registered on team cards/check in system and have paid the insurance fee. Injury insurance covers players up to a maximum of $1500 for personal injury. If players require higher levels of cover they must seek personal injury insurance. For further details on the insurance policy please visit https://www.brisbanecityindoorsports.com.au/downloads/SUA%20Sports%20Injury%20Claim%20Form%20online%200317-1.pdf
Players filling in for teams must be entered on a team card or check in system to be covered by insurance. Any player that is not entered onto a team card or check in system will not be covered by insurance. This is none negotiable.
It is up to the team captain to forward this information onto any non regular or fill in players. It is not a requirement for Brisbane City Indoor Sports staff to inform fill in players.
Indoor sports is a dangerous activity and may cause serious injury or death. Any players that participate at Brisbane City Indoor Sports do so at their own risk. Management and all staff hold no responsibility for injury, death or loss of personal property.
All injuries must be reported to management and games counter staff at time of injury. Players must fill in an injury incident report before leaving the sports center in order to receive player insurance. Management reserve the right to refuse insurance to any players that do not fill in an incident report.
Management & staff reserve the right to remove any players from the center at anytime without cause or reason.
By participating in sports at Brisbane City Indoor Sports you herby agree to the following terms of indemnity and liability.
DEFINITIONS: In this agreement:
- The term “INDOOR SPORTS” includes but is not limited to Indoor Sporting activities, Soccer, Netball, Beach Volleyball, Beach Tennis, Cricket, Dodgeball, Any sport or activity played
inside the Indoor Sport facility, training, functions, bookings, Sport, equipment, umpires, staff, directors, owners and any other associate of Brisbane City Indoor Sports or activity provided
to the athlete (Hereafter referred to as BCIS).
- The term “INJURY” shall refer to all forms of physical, mental, and emotional injury in any way related to athletic activity and transportation activities including, but not limited to: death,
breaks, strains, lacerations, dislocations, exercise induced rhabdomyolisis, heart failure, concussion, frostbite, hypothermia, heat illness, dehydration, trauma, anxiety, and fears.
- The term “WE” includes but is not limited to myself and all my team members present, past and future. I understand that it is my responsibility to pass these terms on to my team
members and accept responsibility on their behalf.
BCIS and their owners, volunteers, directors, officers, employees, trainers, instructors, agents, officials, independent contractors, and representatives are not responsible for any death,
injury, loss, or damage of any kind suffered by any person while using BCIS facilities, participating in or watching BCIS activities, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not
limited to, the negligence of BCIS.
I am aware that athletic activities have inherent dangers and risks including but not limited to the potential for serious personal injury or death caused by any BCIS athletic activities or any
condition of the facilities or equipment of BCIS, some of which include:
- Transient light-headedness, fainting, abnormal blood pressure, chest discomfort, muscle cramps, muscle soreness, pain, discomfort, fatigue, nausea, heart failure, exercise induced
rhabdomyolisis, and so forth;
- All manner of injury resulting from slipping or falling, either roped or unroped, while jumping, skipping, running, walking, lifting, climbing, and impacting against the floor, walls,
equipment, other athletes, or any permanent or temporary fixtures or equipment;
- Abrasion, entanglement, lacerations, bruising, dislocation, and other injuries resulting from activities on or near stands, racks, weight bars, pull up bars, walls, ropes, cargo nets,
medicine balls, and plyo boxes;
- Injuries resulting from falling athletes or objects such as weights, dumbbells, bars, medicine balls, ropes, and so forth or by any objects dropped by other persons conducting athletic
activities or assisting others;
- Failure of the equipment, attachments, anchors, ropes, harnesses, balls, bats, netting, flooring;
And, I do hereby further acknowledge and agree:
- That the athletic activities we are participating in requires a moderate to high degree of effort, are designed to be high intensity, and are intended to maximally challenge my
cardiovascular endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, speed, power, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy;
- That we will honestly represent my level of fitness, health, nutrition, use of medication, medical history, and current physical, mental, and medical condition to BCIS;
- That although BCIS takes steps to reduce the risks and increase the safety of all athletic activities, it is not possible for BCIS to make these athletic activities completely safe;
- That I am personally responsible for myself and my team preparation prior to athletic activities, myself and my teams concentration and attention during these athletic activities, and
for myself and my teams post activity rest and recovery;
- That we will learn and obey the rules and regulations of BCIS, and that I will follow the instructions and directions of BCIS during athletic activities;
- That we will inform BCIS immediately should I feel any pain, discomfort, fatigue, nausea or other symptoms that I may suffer during and immediately after athletic activities.
- That we may stop participating at any time and that I may be directed to stop by BCIS should I display noticeable signs of distress.
- That we consent to receive first aid and medical treatment by the BCIS in the event of an accident, injury or illness during athletic activity.
- That BCIS may videotape, audiotape, or photograph you for instructional and promotional purposes without payment of any kind to you and without further notice to you or permission
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement, and Jurisdiction Agreement
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of BCIS, allowing myself and my team to participate in BCIS Athletic Activities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is
acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that we have or may have in the future against Brisbane City Indoor Sports and their owners, volunteers, directors, officers, employees,
trainers, instructors, agents, officials, independent contractors, servants, representatives, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred to as the “RELEASEES”)
and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result
of mysekf and my teams participation in athletic and transportation activity, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR
BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO
SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT MYSELF AND MY TEAM FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from myself and my
teams participation in Athletic Activities;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any costs they may incur for medical costs, emergency transportation, and litigation
resulting from myself and my teams participation in Athletic Activities;
- That this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon myself and my teams heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death
- This Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of QLD
Australia and no other jurisdiction; and
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within QLD and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of QLD.
- In entering into this Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by BCIS with respect to the safety of athletic activities other than what
is set forth in this Agreement.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO PLAYING SPORT AT BRISBANE CITY INDOOR SPORTS. I AM AWARE
THAT BY playing any sports at Brisbane City Indoor Sports that I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I, MY TEAM MEMBERS INCLUDING MINE AND MY TEAM MEMBERS HEIRS, NEXT
OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST BCIS.
Privacy and protection of information: WE WILL NOT SELL OR RELEASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Player code of conduct
Brisbane City Indoor Sports requires all its members and participants to follow a strict code of conduct in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment.
This code of conduct includes but not limited to:
- All members/players must follow direction from all staff, directors, coaches and umpires at all times with no exceptions.
- All members/players must maintaining a high level of safety and never endanger themselves or others.
- All members/players must conduct themselves in a friendly and polite manner. Intimidation, discrimination, blackmailing and general negativity towards others and staff is not tolerated
- Verbal attacks to other members/players and staff is not tolerated
- Any forms of aggression including verbal and or physical assault to staff and or members/players is considered extreme and immediate expulsion may be imposed
- No member shall make fellow members or staff feel uncomfortable or intimidated at any time.
- Abuse of equipment in any form other than its intended use will not be tolerated.
- All members/players must respect decisions of umpires and officials. Arguing and verbal assault on officials is considered extreme and immediate expulsion and possible barring may be imposed.
- No intoxicated members/players are permitted to participate. This includes alcohol, drugs or anything else that inhibits a persons judgement.
- Respect our neighbors including noise levels when leaving the premises
- All injuries must be reported to a staff member. Any injuries that have not been reported will not be covered by the player insurance.
Administration, directors and staff reserve the right to refuse entry to any member in breach of the above conditions. Members in breach of these conditions may also be terminated and and barred from the facility without prior incident.
Brisbane City Indoor Sports is a licensed venue. Any member in breach of these conditions and refuses to leave the facility when instructed by administration and or staff is in breach of the QLD Liquor and Gaming act and may be fined according with the act.
All complaints are taken very seriously and investigated thoroughly by administration. If you have a complaint or would like to lodge a submission to staff please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Non Discrimination Statement
Brisbane City Indoor Sports does not discriminate in its sporting programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under state or local law. Retaliation is also prohibited. Brisbane City Indoor Sports will comply with state and federal laws such as QLD Anti-Discrimination act 1991.
Unlawful discrimination and abuse to members and or staff has no place at Brisbane City Indoor Sports including and not limited to untoward behavior, violence, threat of violence, verbal abuse, damage to equipment/property, refusal of direction from staff, wrongful accusation of discrimination or abuse. Any members found to be in breach of Brisbane City Indoor Sports code of conduct may be subject to immediate dismissal from the premises and and a ban imposed without warning.
Any member of the Brisbane City Indoor Sports community has the right to raise concerns or make a complaint regarding discrimination under this policy without fear of retaliation. Any and all inquiries regarding the application of this statement and related policies may be referred to: Management email@example.com