Teams that participate in activities at Brisbane City Indoor Sports understand that by taking part they agree to the following Captains Letter and Indemnity & Liability agreements. If you disagree with any of the following conditions you must not take part in sport activities at Brisbane City Indoor Sports.
1. It is the captain's responsibility to ensure:
- a) Players have entered their team details correctly on either game card or in check-in system, including contact numbers, email, phone number and signatures.
- b) Check in players taking the court each and every game. (All required for insurance cover).
- c) Collect and pay entire game fee before taking the court.
- d)Correcting any outstanding balance within 2 weeks (including forfiet fees)
Failure to comply with any of the above responsibilites removes players insurance and the team is not covered by Brisbane City Indoor Sports. Please ensure that you are always financial and have completed the Players card correctly.
In the event that a players details are not legible or incorrect the player will not be covered by player insurance.
Failure to pay any debt within a 3 week period wil result the the suspension of the team from the competiion until such time as all debt is removed.
In the event that any of these responsibilities are not followed actions will be taken for debt recovery and insurance nullification.
- 2. All payments must be made in one team payment. We offer a special discount of 10% if your team (all players) pays in full by 2nd game. Teams are required to pay full team payment even if your team is short.
- 3. If your team is short of a player you may ring the centre and we shall do our best to help you find a player to fill in.
- 4. Please remember we are OPEN on most Public Holidays.
- 5. By registering a team in our competition you have committed yourselves to a 15 week season. Any outstanding monies will be invoiced to the captain or person within the team.
By registering a team in our competition any outstanding debt including weekly game fees, finals fees and forfeit fees will be invoiced to the captain of the team. It is up to the captain to recover costs from team members.
Players are required to participate in the spirit of the games they play and must show levels of sportsmanship. Management, Staff and umpires reserve the right to remove players from games and the center in any circumstance. Players that are aggressive towards other players and or staff members will be asked to leave the center and a suspensions or full ban may be implemented. Management reserves the right to ban anyone from the sports facility. We take threats and abuse very seriously. Any players deemed to be threatening will be removed immediately and further action may be sought.
Should your team be unable to play one of our scheduled games, contact the centre and they may be able to help you with fill-in players.
- (a) Forfeits should only occur in extreme cases. Please contact us if you are having problems with times or team numbers as we may be able to help you. We have fill-in players that may come down to help your team out.
- (b) Should a team have to forfeit a game, a fee will be imposed. This fee must be paid before your next game.
- (c) At all times, management will do their best to help all parties involved in all of the above, and will use their discretion in forming a final outcome.
GRADING AND DRAWS
1. At all times management will endeavor to grade as fairly and evenly as possible. However there are always the occasional few teams that cannot fit info the perfect grade and will be allocated to the most appropriate grade available.
2. Draws will be allocated after week 5. Management will also reserve the right to adjust and correct draws as the teams and grades may change during the season.
UMPIRES AND REFEREES
At all times management will endeavor to allocate umpires/referees according to grade and qualification. All umpires/referees go through continual training and testing. We ask all teams to respect umpires and their decisions. If at any time you have a question or need a clarification of the rules, please approach management for assistance. No abuse of umpires/referees will be tolerated! Any player who infringes this rule will be sent from the court. Possibly suspended.
Players must have played 1/3 of their team games to qualify for the finals. A team must play at least half of the season games to qualify to play in finals. Captains please note that the Semi-finals & Grand-finals for the season will be played on the same night as you would normally play. You may need to qualify extra players, in case of injury, illness or work commitments, etc.
PLAYERS INSURANCE AND INJURY
Players are only covered by injury insurance if registered on team cards. Injury insurance covers players up to a maximum of $1500 for personal injury. If players require higher levels of cover they must seek personal insurance.
Players filling in must be entered on a team card to be covered by insurance. Any player that is not entered onto a team card or that has not signed a team card will not be covered by insurance.
Indoor sports is a dangerous activity and may cause serious injury or death. Any players that participate at Brisbane City Indoor Sports do so at their own risk. Management and all staff hold no responsibility for injury, death or loss of personal property.
All injuries must be reported to management and games counter staff at time of injury. Players must fill in an injury incident report before leaving the sports center in order to receive player insurance. Management reserve the right to refuse insurance to any players that do not fill in an incident report.
Management & staff reserve the right to remove any players from the center at anytime without cause or reason.