Indoor Soccer is one of the most popular games played around the world. This fast paced sport is ideal for those who want to increase their fitness level, coordination, balance and agility in a friendly and social environment.
Played on double courts we have a division to suite all levels of teams from beginners to advanced players.
What is Indoor Soccer?
The World Game has been tweaked, manipulated and re-invented so that it can be played on a double indoor soccer court. The end result is an exciting, fast-paced version of soccer, with more regular scoring and plenty of opportunity for players to show off some fancy footwork. If you've never played this version of soccer before, the basics are:
- 5 players per team, including keeper (up to 4 subs may also be used in any one game)
- As with our other sports, the netting surrounding the court means there is no 'out-of-bounds', giving players a great workout as play never stops
- Each keeper has a 'goal semi-circle' surrounding his/her goal which only he/she may enter. All other players, offensive and defensive, must remain outside this goal semi-circle
- In MIXED competitions, at least one player of the opposite gender must be on the court at all times
- Each match consists of 2 x 19 minute halves
How can I get started?
If you are ready to nominate a team, click here If you want to play Brisbane City Indoor Soccer but can't get a team together, click here to register your details with our professional sports management guru's and we'll get you into a side!
At Brisbane City Indoor Sports we understand that some teams may not have the means to acquire their own personal uniforms. Therefore we are very lenient on what you can wear when playing any of our sports. We encourage teams to choose a colour and wear that colour shirt as to not confuse players on the court, but this is not mandatory. We also supply bibs for teams with different coloured shirts. Acceptable footwear are flat soled shoes including runners, trainers, joggers, etc.. No tagged, studded or touch football shoes are to be worn. This is to protect players and also the floor covering.
At BCIS we use double courts (two indoor netball courts) to play Soccer (futsal).
Mid season entry
Brisbane City Indoor Sports allows teams to enter competitions mid season. All teams that enter competition mid season will be allocated to an appropriate division with a median points average awarded. This is to give the late entry team a chance to play for finals positions but not giving them an unfair advantage over existing teams. Please consult the points table for clarification on the entry points for each sport.